bigphotodan.ca

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Louisiana Bayou

One of the thing I wanted to photograph was the Bayou, not much the Aligators since I have quite a few of those but more the Cypress trees that grows in the Bayou in the water. The main place that I had projected to do those pictures was an area around Lafayette. I had planned a trail in the Bayou overthere and to visit the Tabasco Factory on Avery Island, as it turned out it was more then one hundred miles away from our camp and a treck that my wife would not do or let me go and do without grief. So instead we will keep this for another year and that time we will stay in Lafayette for a few days before heading out to New Orleans.

Cypress Trees in the Bayou

So instead I took off in the rain on a morning early and went to a spot that was sugested by a local as a good spot to find the environement that I was looking for. The place was perfect and halfway trough my session it stopped raining, so by 9h00 I was done and I had told my wife that I would be back for lunch, so I took off to the visitor center of the Grand Bayou region in Grey that is 10 miles or so past Thibodeaux. Once there I was given the location of a trailhead 15 miles further so I pushed on and was on the trail by 10h30. In the middle of the week on a cold cludy day of winter it is nice because you are the only human on the trail. So it was a fun trail and I took some pictures then drove back and made it back to camp at 12h30, total driving that day 100 miles or so.

The trail in the Bayou

We left Louisiana on friday, crossed Missisipi and Alabama along the coast of the Gulf of Mexico passing trough the cities of Biloxi and Mobile. We are now in Florida on the Coast near the city of Destin.
More posting to come.

Grand Bayou, Louisiana

No comments:

Post a Comment