bigphotodan.ca

Sunday, October 21, 2012

November 2012 Roadtrip: Getting Ready

November 2012 itinerary
 
So here it is, this year itinerary. Unlike last year where we drove 17,000 km and spent 21 days in the car, this year we will spend 2 weeks at two different locations. Our main destinations are Destin and Key Largo both of them in Florida, we will also do a visit of Chattanooga in Tennesse where we plan to visit Rock City and Ruby Falls. This trip will be more oriented on relaxing then exploring, I plan on diving a lot since both destinations are good spots but Key Largo is a divers paradise. I'm brigning my portable outside kitchen, complete even with an induction burner since we will setup for 2 weeks periods and cooking the local food is always fun. We are also taking our bikes with us to go to the beach and do some bike trails. I research ahead of time so I already have some activities on deck for our first week in Destin like a shrimp boil party on the beach and movie in the park in the town of watercolor.

The trailer is ready, the GPS updated and the waypoints entered, the bikes are ready to load. We are ready to go, the departure is next friday morning. This year on this trip I expect the internet to be a bit difficult and sometimes inexistant but I will post as often as possible. One thing for sure I plan on taking many pictures. I upgraded my underwater camera but have not tried it yet, now I can take pictures and video at any depth that I can dive. I'm kind of nervous since I haven't dove with it yet and it's a bit bulky, it weight outside of the water is around 12 pounds but under water it's neutraly buoyant. I have to assemble the housing and dive with it without the camera inside to make sure all my gaskets are watertight. This will be my first dive.

Submersible Camera with Stroboscopic Flashes

No comments:

Post a Comment