bigphotodan.ca

Monday, October 31, 2011

All in a day: Oklahoma and Texas

So the day started good when whe left Arkansas this morning, We were doing good time until we stopped for lunch at which point we found out that a part of our hitch had fallen off, probably from the 100 miles of vibrating road we had been on this morning. So we finaly found an RV repair place in Elk City Oklahoma. To make a story short two hours later we were back on the road.

My wife asked me if we had enough gas to make it to Amarillo, we had 150 miles to go and the car computer indicater that I was good for 175 miles so I said we are OK. So after a construction zone and a weird road change indicated by the GPS we ended up 10 miles from our destination and with 8 miles left of gas. Needless to say there was a few I told you so and I'm not the one walking 2 miles in the boondocks to go get some gas (also I didn't now yet where the gas station was, it was actualy 2 miles past my destination) so when the computer counted down to 0 we repeated the I told you so etc... An interesting fact you can drive another 4 miles on fumes when it's indicated that you have 0 gas.

So we finally got to the campsite at sunset. After we set up we called the Big Texan Steak Ranch and they sent a Limo to pick us up, the real thing with a cowboy driver and horns in the front.


 When we got there ther was two guys trying for the 72 ounces free steak challenge but they didn't make it. Me I had the anniversary special 1/4 the size so only 18 ounces. We took the Limo back, I'm going to bed and I intend to snore all night :)




Tomorrow we cross New Mexico.

No comments:

Post a Comment