bigphotodan.ca

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Moss Landing and the Monterey Region

We decided to Setup camp in Moss Landing a small community 15 miles north of Monterey, there is a few things I want to do in the region one of them is eating at Phil's Fish Market a local restaurant that was on the Food Channel Trowdown with Bobby Flay. So we went to eat there for supper the first night, it was a fun place you pick up a menu at the door and go to the counter to give your order and pay, they then give you a big number and you choose a table, then your waiter finds you. The food was good I had Halibut and my wife had salmon, both very good.

In Moss Landing we are also in the middle of a farming area with a nice farmer's market within walking distance.

The vegetables there are cheap and lots of choice I bought some avocados and made some guacamole I also bought something called Jiacama that I have yet to prepare thanks to Google.

Another project that I had was to go on a boat to do some whale watching, I was worried about being seasick but I was lucky the ocean was realy Pacific :) There was no breaching whales but I got the picture of the tail of a whale named Stinky.
The Tail of Stinky the Whale

There was also a pier full of Sealions that I had researched and programmed in my GPS it just happened that all these activities happened to be within a 1 mile radius from my campsite that I had not planned on sleeping there.

Sealions on Moss Landing Pier

Yesterday we drove into Monterey to the waterfront and we took the 17 miles road that passes trough the Pebble Beach golf course and resort. I had a few spots preprogramed including the famed Lone Cypress, we arrived there at the same time as a bus of Japaneses tourists I was not alone taking pictures :)

The Lone Cypress on the 17 miles drive

My boss had told me before I left to go eat at Peppoli in the Spanish Inn on the Pebble Beach Resort. It's a restaurant owned and operated by the Antinori family and that he would pick up the bill when I return, a very generous offer and I took him up on it, we both had an excellent meal and a glass of wine.

The Pacific at Pebble Beach

So this morning we took the road again and we are now near Pescadero Ca. for a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment